Thursday, November 20, 2008

Babbling Brooke

Hello Blog :) How are you doing on this fine day in down town Ladera Ranch? :) I'm doing fine :) incase you were wondering :) 
Well, Yesterday I wrote that massive amount of copious quantities of nonsense and babbling brookeness :) So today I won't do such a thing... Or at least I'll try not to :) I am a babbling Brooke after all :) 
So I went to mission prep last Wednesday. It was SO so so good! My teacher has a photographic memory! and he's incredibly amazingly amazing :) so he gave us this paper filled with quotes and I really wanted to put some up on here...
Humility:
D&C 112:10
Humility is royalty without a crown,
Greatness in plain clothes,
Erudition without decoration,
wealth without display,
power without scepter or force,
Position demanding no preferential rights,
Greatness sitting in the congregation, 
Prayer in closets and not in corners of the streets,
Fasting in secret without publication,
Stalwarts without label,
Supplication upon its knees,
Divinity riding a donkey.
(Spencer W. Kimball)
Obedience:
D&C 130:20-21, D&C 82:10
"When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes out quest, in that moment God will endow us with power." (Ezra Taft Benson)
I don't really know if anyone even reads this but if you are reading this you probably know that I am big on being obedient. It is actually one of the things that I can say I am pretty good at. At least being obedient to people who I trust and I know will only give me advice for my benefit. I really believe that being obedient and having that be our pleasure and quest will make life so much easier. :) 
Well, anyway today was just another day at school. I stayed home from dance because I was sick and I can't even talk right now which I actually get a kick out of :) I sound hilarious but anyway, I'll talk more tomorrow :) 
Peace out!

1 comment:

Tim said...

He actually doesn't have a photographic memory!! Isn't that even crazier?!?