Sunday, October 25, 2009

Checkpoint: A self-assessment

I would say I'm about as assertive as most people... a little on the passive side. 
  1. Briefly list three situations in your life in which you would like to be more assertive.
  • In my relationships. Let people know when they are hurting/using me. or when something makes me mad. 
  • In my social school relationships I want to learn how to be more outgoing and talkative and not afraid to say my opinion
  • In my own life I want to be more controlling of how I use my time. Use it more wisely and productively.
    2.  Complete the sentences:
  • I get most passive when I am in a situation where I don't know the people around me. If I don't have a close friend with me I am completely shy and silent. Also if someone who I feel has authority to tell me what to do I am completely passive. (anyone older than me) If I feel like I am in a social group of people who are too cool for me haha. 
  • I often become aggressive when someone younger than me who I feel like should be listening to my opinion or obeying what I say doesn't do that. I become aggressive when I feel like I am not able to live up to expectations... (aggressive towards my self haha) I feel aggressive when I wash my face at night and it looks like bloody bubble wrap hahah. 
  • My biggest fear of being assertive is a really stupid fear... but I think a lot of it just has to do with what people think of me. It really doesn't matter at all what they think. So I should just show the real me. Also Authority has always been a big part of my upbringing. like don't disobey your elders that kind of thing. 
  • The two people in my life that I find it hard to be assertive with are people I don't know and my parents... anyone with authority over me. 
  • I am already quite assertive when it comes to dealing with my friends or people who I feel like I have a right to be assertive to. Like someone with the same status as me... if that makes sense haha.

No comments: